Tuesday, September 26, 2006

The Weekend and Ice Pops

So we had a fun weekend with my Aunt and cousin Riley. My parents asked my Aunt how everyone was over the weekend and she said everyone was good except for Riley. My Aunt stepped outside to do something and since she is not a husky parent she wasn't watching the door behind her. Now Lares and I know to stay away from open doors but apparently Riley doesn't. He ran out the door and to his surprise found a herd of deer just feet away (our neighbor feeds the stoopid, tick laden critters). So off he went after the deer and his mommy went chasing after him. Boy was she made when she finally got him back inside. Keep this in mind, Mom and Dad next time you get mad at us for doing something wrong. Well, Mom and Dad made it home safely on Sunday. They even made it home early enough to take use to the dog park. It was rainy so there were only a couple dogs there but I got some good runs in anyway.

Not much action on Monday, Dad got home too late to take us to the park. But today he got home early, got dinner started and then took us to the park. We got there and I was off, running around like a banshee. And when no other dogs would run with me, I ran by myself. I love to run. Boy it was fun. And to top the night off, Dad shared his ice pop with us. We love ice pops. Mom never lets us have any of hers but Dad says as long as we lick and don't bite we can have some of his. Here are some pics of Lares and I enjoying Dad's ice pop.

Later,
Althea

IMG_1698 IMG_1699

4 comments:

Macie-Malechai said...

Man you guys are lucky, Dog Park & Ice Pops! We better get to after we take our stupid dog classes!

H.A. Turbofire, Sibertarian said...

I'd like an Ice Pop, if you don't mind mailing me one!

The Army of Four said...

What flavor did you get? Is that grape? Did you get to go eat it on the light-colored carpet?
The Ao4

Althea said...

Yep, what I life I lead.

M&M: do good in your classes because the dog park is the best. Altough it sounds like your backyard is the ultimate dog park. We don't have a fenced in yard and Lares is a stick in the mud who doesn't like to play. So I have to go to the dog park. Do me a favor don't mention these classes anymore, I don't want Dad to get any ideas.

Tubey: my Dad says that it would melt before it got to you. I told him it is ok, you can just unmelt it. I don't think I convinced him, you'll have to ask your human to get you some.

Ao4: my Dad doesn't want me to tell you this because someone told him that grapes are bad for dogs but it was indeed grape. Unfortunately we didn't get the whole thing, Dad held it while we each go to lick it. Then he finished the rest. Mom thinks it's gross but he doesn't care.

Later,
Althea