Friday, September 15, 2006

All About Me

Well it is another rainy day here in New Jersey and it doesn't look like it is going to let up any time soon. So another boring day trapped in the house with little hope of hitting the dog park. This means I have two options: sleep or beat-up my brother Lares. I'm not really in the mood for his whining today so I'll have to go with the nap. But first I thought I would tell everyone a little more about myself. I mean lets be honest, that's is why you come here, to learn about me.

So the details are a little cloudy but I do my best to recount my story. My Mommy likes to say that I started off my life "Living on the Streets". This isn't exactly accurate. I actually had a home (sort of), where my previous owners were breeding me and the rest of my pack and don't think it was a very reputable organization. Apparently the man and woman decided to get divorced and didn't really care about us anymore. So we were left tied up outside without food or water. Fortunately a good samaritain heard about us in a round about way and came to resucue us. This good samaritain conviced our owners to give us up and we were taken to the Northampton County SPCA in Easton, PA. There were two liters of puppies, three girls (me included) and two boys. Unfortunately the third boy didn't make. We were all really skinny and dirty. I only weighed about 25 pounds (now I'm 50 pounds).

Fortunately for me I didn't have to stay in the shelter for long. One of the shelter workers called a friend who happened to volunteer for a Siberian Husky rescue group called Tails of the Tundra Siberian Husky Rescue (http://www.siberescue.com/). Now this volunteer, happened to be my big brother Lares' foster mom before he came to live in his furever home. She got me into a foster home with a family that was also involved in the rescue group. I was a bit scared at first cause there were lots of dogs but I quickly learned the ropes.

I guess I wasn't destine to stay in my foster home for long. As it turns out my future Mom and Dad were looking for a sibling for Lares, who they adopted about a year before. So heard about me and how I was the cutest dog in the whole world (well maybe she didn't say that but I am the cutest dog in the whole world). They wanted to meet me, so I got to go for a ride in the car with my foster family to visit my future Mom and Dad. They seemed pretty nice and Lares seemed like he would be a good older brother, so I decided that I would adopt them. But I had to go home with my foster family so that I could have some sort of operation, then I would be able to go to my furever home. So a few weeks passed and the big day came, my new Mom and Dad came to pick me up. I was a bit scared but they fed me cheese during the car ride home so I figured they were ok.

Now a year later I'm still here and I love it here. I love my Mommy and Daddy and my brother Lares. Even my feline siblings, Spencer and Delilah are ok. So I'll end my story there for now. Here is a picture of me and Lares about a week after I came to live here. I've had a bath so I don't look too bad but you can tell that I had blown most of my coat. Unftortunately my coat has never come back as fluffy as it was. Mom and Dad think it is because I was so skinny from not being fed. I hope it comes back because I used to be much more red then I am now. Oh well, either way I'm very pretty.

Wow, that's a lot of blogging. I'm off for a nap.

Later,
Althea

No comments: