Friday, September 22, 2006

Larry the Dog Here

Hey, I am Lares, Althea's cuter, smarter, fluffier, big brother. I thought it was about time that I said a few words on this here blog thingamajig. Dad asked me if I wanted my own blog but I'm not sure yet. I mean I've got other stuff to do like laying around, licking myself, looking for food and most importantly waiting for my Dad to come home.

I had to distract Althea in order to get on the computer. So I told her that our feline sister Delilah was calling her a hyena. Well Althea didn't take too kindly to that and immediately went off to squash Delilah. Stupid Althea always forgets that Delilah always comes out on top of these "battles". When people ask my Mommy if us dogs chase the cats, she responds with "No, the cat chases the dogs".

So now that I've got a few minutes to write, I'll tell you a little about myself. I'm about 7 years old or so (we're not real sure and I never really kept track). One day my previous owner left me at a place called a shelter. I didn't want to go but I was left there and was never really sure why. So I stayed in the shelter for some time. I stayed in a crate all the time. They fed me and stuff but it wasn't a very good life.

Then one day a nice lady came and took me away. The lady was with a rescue group called Tails of the Tundra Siberian Husky Rescue. I went to a cool foster home where they took very good care of me. Every so often I would go in the car, which I didn't like, and go meet some other huskies and some people but I always went back to my foster home. My foster mommy told me that one day I would find my furever home. Then one day we took a long drive (I drooled on my foster mom the whole way) to meet some new people. They were nice and I got to go in their house and they each took me for a walk. I was rather tired as it was a pretty eventful day so I laid down next to the nice human man and took a nap. When I woke up my foster mom was gone. I didn't know what was going on but the human man and woman were nice. They gave me food and let me lay on their couch. Then I realized it had happend, I had found my furever home.

So here I am in my furever home enjoying the good life. The cats don't really bother me and everything is good until one day in she comes, Althea the crazy dog. My life hasn't been the same since but I'll tell you more about that some other time as this post is getting rather long already.

You can see more pictures of me on my Success Story page on the Tails of the Tundra website.

Lares

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Zim. Althea says that my ears are goofy. I think she is just jealous because everyone always remembers the husky with the floppy ears.

I don't think you can make you ears do it, at least not without some of that plastic surgery stuff.

Lares