Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Fun Games to Play with Your Humans

One of my favoritest games to play with my parents is "Siberian Husky Rodeo". Now that I no longer have to stay in my crate while Mom & Dad are at work, they always take off our collars when they leave the house. This is because one time during Fight Club (M&M hope you don't mind me using your phrase), I got my mouth caught on Larry's collar. We couldn't get ourselves apart and the big pansy boy got all freaked out. Fortunately Mommy was home and saved us. So they never leave our collars on when their gone to prevent us from getting tangled. So when either of them gets home, they have to put our collars on to take us out to go potty. Do you honestly think that I would make this easy on them? No way, I would much rather play Siberian Husky Rodeo. This is where they attempt to laso me with my collar. The goal is to make this as difficult as possible. So I bob and weave around, put my paw through the collar, jump up, etc. And the best part I don't have a collar on so they can't grab me. Today I was going for my high score, when Dad decided to give up and put Lares collar on. So he called Lares over, and the goofy earred dork went right over to him of course. As soon as he went to put Lares' collar on, I pushed Lares away and stood right in front of Dad as if to let him put my collar on. Boy did he think he had me, he picked up my collar and went to put it over my head and off I went. What fun. Eventually I had to give in (when you gotta go, you gotta go).

Here's a pic of Lares and I during Fight Club. Dad thinks this is a picture of our second ever Fight Club meeting. See Dad wanted another husky so that Lares would have a playmate. Well for the first couple months that I was here I tried and tried to get Lares to play but he just wouldn't do it. But finally one night it happened and we were off. This picture is from the following morning, Dad got out of the shower and heard an unusual commotion. He grabbed the camera and got some pics of us going at it. Lares decided that Fight Club was so fun we do it almost every day.

IMG_1284

Later,
Althea

8 comments:

IndyPindy said...

Hi Althea! So nice to meet you! Too bad you are so far away.

Hey, you need to go to my blog and join the Husky Bloggers Ring! We are up to 35 Husky bloggers, can you believe it???

Althea said...

Hey Indy.
Thanks for stopping by my blog. I have already joined the Husky bloggers ring. I'm number 34, all the way at the bottom. It's great that there are so many huskies out there blogging. I have really enjoyed writing my blog and checking out everyone elses.
Later,
Althea

The Army of Four said...

Hey, that looks fun! Can I come over and play?
Play bows,
Zim

Althea said...

Zim, any time you want to come to my side of the dog park to play you're welcome.
Later,
Althea

The Army of Four said...

Thanks, Althea! I'll be right over. Unless I get distracted by squirrels or somethin'.
Play bows,
Zim

Althea said...

We have plenty of squirrels here and deer. But Dad never lets me play with them. So I can only watch them through the window.
Later,
Althea

Macie-Malechai said...

We don't mind you using our phrase at all (Think we stold it from a movie anyway). We love FightClub, it's something we do allday, everyday. Our lady takes our collars off too, something about choking hazards. Funny how if you bug on someone long enough it turns into FightClub, eh?!
Face Licks, Macie & Malechai

Althea said...

I find that if I bite Lares' tail and pull it very quickly turns into Fight Club.

Later,
Althea