Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Cats

Firstly, I would like to thank everyone for their support during my time of troubles. I think I've gotten the trouble making out of my system for awhile. So thanks to everyone who provided words of encouragement.

As I said yesterday, I thought I would let everyone know about the other members of my pack. You have already met Lares and heard his "Story". Of course there is also my Mom and Dad but let's be honest no one is really interested in them. Lastly are my feline siblings. It took some time for them to accept me into the pack as I am a bit more rambunctious compared to Lares but they eventually learned to accept me. Occasionally they or my parents have to remind me to back off but for the most part I'm good.

IMG_1481So to start there is Spencer. Here is a picture of him. He wanted me to post this picture because he thinks he looks tough. Spencer has lived with Mom and Dad the longest. They adopted him almost six years ago when he was about 7 months old. He's pretty cool as far as cats go. He doesn't bother me and doesn't mind to much when try to taste him. Spencer has a heart problem so he takes medicine twice a day and goes to the vet a lot. Now he has some big lump on his tongue so he has to have special food because of allergies. I hope he isn't allergic to me.

IMG_0728They also adopted Spencer's brother Maxwell. They were originally call Caramel and Pepper. Here is a picture of Maxwell. Unfortunately Max crossed over the Rainbow Bridge before I came to live here. I never got to meet him but everyone says he was the best and that they miss him lots. He was named after my Daddy's favoritest Beatles song Maxwell's Silver Hammer.


IMG_0735And finally we come to my arch nemesis, Delilah. She has been with Mom and Dad for about three years and is the only one of us that was adopted as a baby. She was only 10 weeks old. So she will forever have the nickname of Baby or Baby D (even though technically I'm younger). Delilah, as in Samson & Delilah, was named after the Grateful Dead song of that name. I say that she is my arch nemesis because we had a pretty rocky beginning. Lots of hissing, chasing, swatting, barking, etc. I suffered more than a few cuts on my pretty face because of her. But I finally learned what she would tolerate and try not to cross that line too often.

So that is the rest of my furry family. Maybe if everyone is really bored one day and we have nothing else to blog about, I'll tell you a bit about my parents.

Later, Althea

P.S. I don't think I mentioned it when I told the story of my life, but I was named Althea after a Grateful Dead song. Lares was named by the rescue group that saved him. His name is from Roman mythology: "Lares".

3 comments:

JustMeCopper said...

Spencer's picture could be on a greeting card. I have cat cousins. I like cats.

Anonymous said...

Althea,

It was very nice of you to include your feline siblings in your blog -- and what great pictures! I wish you could have know Maxwell -- he was a great guy! Keep up the great blogging!

Love, Auntie Allison

Macie-Malechai said...

So is it safe to say your parents are "Deadheads"? Our lady thinks your cats are very pretty, we of course think cats are EVIL!
Fave Licks, M&M