Thursday, October 26, 2006

Abandoned

Hey, Althea here, I just realized that I have blogged since Monday. You all must really be missing my words of wisdom and fun stories. If not just lie to me and tell me that you do.

So my Mom & Dad are abandoning me again this weekend. They are off to the land of Elvis, Memphis Tennessee. Actually they are not going to see Elvis (he isn't alive any more). They are going to the wedding of one of their bestest friends from college. They are leaving tomorrow and will not be back till Sunday evening. My Mom wants to go to see Graceland, the home of Elvis. Dad isn't too excited. Even though Dad has sideburns that rival The King's, he is not a fan. Mom says she isn't a big fan but she figures if they are there, they should check it out.

So while Mom & Dad are away, I get to hang with my Cousin Riley. You might remember that I mentioned him last time my parents went away for The Weekend. In case you've forgotten him, here is a picture of us playing during one of his visits to our house. He's lots of fun. Although I do get a bit angry when he messes with my toys. I like having him around cause we can play and have fun. Oddly Lares and the cats don't seem to enjoy his visits. Lares is just a big whiner and doesn't like to have any fun so he gets annoyed with Riley and I have fun in the house. The cats, Spencer and Delilah, pretty much stay away from Riley. I told Riley that they are cool but he is a little too curious about them and they don't know him well so they get a bit scared.

Well it looks like even though Mom & Dad are abandoning me, I'll still have some fun. I'll probably be too busy trying to stretch out Riley's face this weekend to blog so you probably will not here from me for a few days. So have a good weekend.

Later,
Althea

5 comments:

Shmoo said...

Elvis is dead?

Dang!

Meeshka

The Army of Four said...

Have fun with Riley! I knew a Riley. Three, actually. A Westie puppy I gave birth to, a red/white Sibe!, and the Fort.
Tail wags,
Stormy

H.A. Turbofire, Sibertarian said...

Have a good time. Maybe you could trade Lares in for Riley. If not, maybe I could trade Lex for him.

Opy - the Original GruffPuppy said...

Hey Althea,

Since you have been abandoned - come over and check out my blog - maybe you would like to come to my party :-)

Love
Opy

D'Azul Siberian said...

Have a great weekend Althea. We know a Riley too, and she is a red siberian from Ar-Kan-Saw. We are off to South Dogkota and won't be blogging either.