Monday, October 16, 2006

A Rose By Any Other Name

Hey everybody, for once I am at a loss for words. My friend Zim of the Army of Four (and the cutest boy husky on any side of the dog park) left a comment on my blog saying that I had to read the Ao4 Digest today. So immediately clicked on over to check out his post. At first I wasn't sure what was so important that I see but then there it was. Zim's mom told him that there were three Altheas in his backyard. Can you believe it, three Altheas. Now I knew I wasn't in Kansas so I was very curious as to what was going on. Much to my surprise, in addition to being named after a Grateful Dead song call, Althea, apparently there is also a shrub with the name. It also goes by the name Rose of Sharon. Check out the pretty flowers on it. I think that it is very appropriate that I have the same name.

So I was very excited that Zim was thinking of my but I was also a little disappointed that I wasn't in his backyard. I was looking forward to a little play bowing, chasing each other around and sampling some shrubbery together. Plus the Ao4 have a really nice backyard, my parents and I are jealous cause we have a stoopid backyard. Of course I would not want to share him with my twins. Well hopefully one day I'll get a chance to meet Zim in person.

Later,
Althea

1 comment:

The Army of Four said...

Ah rooooooooo, Althea! You can't believe how let down I felt! If it had only been YOU instead of those shrubs out there! (sigh)
Play bows,
Zim
PS: You really think I'M cute? WOW!