Monday, October 23, 2006

Fall and Squirrels

I sure do love the fall. In our neighborhood all the people put there leaves in big piles along the curb. I like to jump in them when we are on our walks. Lares like to pee in them. So if you know any little humans, don't let them play in the piles of leaves at the curb cause Lares may have peed on them. Actually Lares likes to pee on everything. When I first came to my furever home, Mom & Dad took us to the dog park. I was a bit scared so I stayed near Lares. Big mistake. The dumby lifted his leg and peed on my head. He has peed on our cousin Riley numerous times.

Last week at the dog park it was very windy. At one point the wind came really strong and picked up all the leaves on the ground and blew them around like a tornado. It was really cool. I tried to catch some but they were moving too fast. The doofus got all scare and started whining.

You know what I like most about fall? It means that winter and snow are not far off.

Now onto squirrels. There are a lot of them out and about lately. Dad says it is cause they are gathering up nuts for the winter. I like to try to chase them but Dad never lets me off my leash. He always says that I wouldn't be able to catch them anyway. One day I'll show him.

This morning on our walk, Dad was daydreaming about something (or was he regular dreaming since he wasn't really awake yet?). He almost didn't notice that I found a squirrel pancake on the side of the road. It was all flattened and smelled delicious, almost as good as that dead dear from a few weeks ago. But alas Dad woke up and pulled me away. I'll have to try again tomorrow as I'm sure he will have forgotten by then.

Unfortunately no pics today. Dad filled up the monthly limit on our flickr account.

Later,
Althea

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Morning Althea,
I posted this earlier on your post about Bob but I wanted to make sure you saw it. I have had poor Bob on my mind since I read about him being chained. There is a group called Dogs Deserve Better. Please go to dogdeservebetter.com. These people work to get dogs off chains.

Macie-Malechai said...

Now that's just wrong, Lares peed on your head, silly boy! Malechai still doesn't lift his leg to pee, just kinda leans forward so hopefully he will never be able to pee on me! You know I'de have to light him up if he did! We don't get to chase squirrels either, I'm pretty sure we could catch one if the humans would let us, we caught that bunny, how hard can it be?! Our lady was gonna rake us some leaves but then decided there was too much poo hiding in them, drat the luck! Face Licks, Macie

MaPaw said...

Magnum here - It is nice to pee on your friends. I try to pee on my brother and sister all the time. My brother says I am a doofus, but I do not listen because he is not a Husky. Also, I do not listen because I am a Husky and I am not made for listening. All that squirrel talk made me hungry.

Shmoo said...

I'm so with you Althea. Sam pees on me all the time, and Loki tries it to once in a while, but I don't let him get away with it. He says I play favorites... yeah, he's right.

The squirrels have all decided not to play in our yard anymore, so we'll just have to settle for mole.

Meeshka

Althea said...

Hey,

Macie - consider yourself lucky that Malechai doesn't lift his leg. It's not fun being peed on. My cousin Riley (yellow lab) is 4 years old and he only lifts his leg sometimes.

Magnum - save your pee for trees and fire hydrants not your siblings.

Meeshka - I think it is time you put Sam in his place and make him stop peeing on you.

Later,
Althea

IndyPindy said...

Wow, I love the pictures from the dog park! Good action shots! My mom loves to take pictures of my and my Husky friends when we get together.

A leaf tornado, so cool! I wish I had seen it!

The Army of Four said...

I'm with Indy! A leaf tornado sounds COOL!
Play bows,
Zim

D'Azul Siberian said...

Squirrel is great. Silver jumped up and caught a squirrel in mid air once. She played with it really hard, then mom put it in the black plastic casket. Eddie and Selena's sister Zoey got a squirrel not too long ago and it scratched her nose.

Anonymous said...

Ah hem! Althea, I would appreciate if you didn't tell everyone about Larry peeing on me -- I have a certain reputation to uphold here! Also, I am five years old and I do so lift my leg every time I pee! Geesh!

~Cousin Riley

Althea said...

That anonymous post is from my cousin Riley, I've mentioned him before. He's is coming to stay with us this weekend. Hopefully Lares will not pee on him again.
Later,
Althea