Monday, January 15, 2007

Stoopid Dad and Why it is a Small World

So my absence from blogging was a bit longer than expected. As I stated in my last post, my Dad had to go away on a business trip for a few days. "Where did he go?" you might ask. He went to Minnesota and Winnipeg, Canada. Do you know what they have in those places? Two very cool things that huskies love:

  1. Cold Weather: especially in Winnipeg where it got down to 10 degrees Fahrenheit.
  2. Snow: yep, that's right, they have snow. In Winnipeg the snow basically doesn't melt all winter, why? cause it is cold there.

So Dad went to these cool (or should I say cold) places and did he bring anything back for me? No. Did he bring back the cold weather? No. Did he bring back any snow? No. Not even a small snowball for me to lick. I know that asking to go along on his business trip was too much but the least he could have done was bring back some snow. Instead I got left at home with the floppy eared doofus, who kept Mom and I up every night with his pathetic whining cause Dad was not home.

Well, Dad finally got home and should have had time to help me with my blog but our family had some very sad news. My Mom's grandpa went across the human equivalent of our Rainbow Bridge. So Mom has been very, very sad and I have had to spend all my time trying to make her feel better. I believe that the best way to do this is by licking her face.

Larry and I got to go to Camp Bow Wow for a day and night so that we would not be in the way. When we got home I could tell that there had been lots of new people in our house and that there was food (I don't even think that I need to mention that I didn't get any).

Still no snow here in New Jersey, in fact it was about 50 degrees this weekend. This is ridiculous for mid-January. My new friend Frodo, who lives in some place called Sandy Egg-O mentioned in his blog that it was 33 degrees in his corner of the dog park. My Dad said that this Sandy Egg-O is supposed to be warm and that it is very rare that it gets that cold. What is going on with this crazy dog park that we call home. 50 degrees in NJ, when it should be 33 degrees (or colder) and 33 degrees in Sandy Egg-O, when it should be 60 degrees (or warmer). I think the stoopid humans are ruining our dog park. I've been resistant to joining the HULA HOOP cause I'm not big on commitment but I'm starting to think that it is necessary for the good of our dog park that we take over control of the world from these stoopid humans. I think I'll take a nap and make a decision later.

So I mentioned our newest Husky Blogger, Mr. Frodo K. Banks. He has a cool new blog and is training to be a husky ninja. I don't know much about this ninja stuff but it seems to me that a husky ninja and a husky pirate should be able to get along just famously. He also has another thing going for him, he is a rescue sibe and was rescued by Tails of the Tundra Siberian Husky Rescue, which just so happens to be the rescue group that rescued my doofus brother Lares and I was an unofficial TOTTSHR rescue. So as the saying goes "it's a small world".

Later,
Althea

3 comments:

H.A. Turbofire, Sibertarian said...

Sorry about your Mom's grandpa.

My Human used to live in Winnipeg. She told us that there was snow on the ground from October to April.

I think Winnipeg is heaven on earth!

The Army of Four said...

Our condolences on your great-grandpa.
It's been bitterly cold here. We're trying to send it to you - let us know if it works!
Play bows,
Zim

Macie-Malechai said...

Tell you lady we're sorry about her grandpa! Did you claw your Dad? Going to the snow havens of the world & not taking you, that is craziness!! We'll try & figure out how to send you some snow!!!
Face Licks, M&M