Friday, January 19, 2007

Here Today, Gone Tomorrow

Well actually it should be more like here this morning, gone this afternoon. But beggars can't be chooser and snow is snow. Yes that's right we got snow. From the minute I woke up I knew something special was happening. I was so excited that I forgot myself and jumped in bed with Mom (I'm not allowed in the bed). Dad finally came downstairs to take us for our walk and I could barely contain myself. I keep wooing at him to tell him to move faster.

Finally we got outside and what did I see, wonderful fluffy white snow. Now it wasn't much but at least it was something and it was still falling. So we headed off for our morning walk with an extra spring in our steps. Well Lares and I did, we pretty much had to drag Dad along as he didn't seem too excited. It was so great to feel the snow under my paws. I got to sniff the snow and eat the snow (of course not the yellow snow, cause you know Watch out where the huskies go, and don’t you eat that yellow snow).

Unfortunately our time in the snow was brief and Dad cautioned us not to get too excited cause it would likely be gone by the afternoon. Well sure enough, even though Dad got home early today, the snow was gone. I was upset to say the least but was still grateful to get some snow. And hopefully this is a sign of good things to come.

Here are some pictures of Lares and I this morning in our yard with the newly fallen snow.

IMG_2143IMG_2144IMG_2142


Later,
Althea

9 comments:

Khady Lynn said...

How exciting! At least you had some for a little while. That's better than still not having any! I will try to send you some more. We are suppose to get 3-6 inches on Saturday night. I will try to wish it in your direction!!

Holly

H.A. Turbofire, Sibertarian said...

Wooooo! Great news!

Poseidon said...

Althea, I got snow too! Well, our old house in Michigan has snow, and I'm there and it's gloriously fluffy! Wooooo!

The Army of Four said...

Wooo! Snow! It's coming down like crazy here! Maybe it'll come to your house, too!
Luv,
Dave

The Army of Four said...

PS: I like the colors in your blog. I almost chose this template for us!

Steve, Kat, & Wilbur said...

That's great that you got some snow! Ours was also there in the morning, gone in the afternoon. We hope we can get our mom and dad to move somewhere where we get snow that stays!

Steve and Kat

DustyDoodles said...

ThankWoo for the codie stuff!!! And Doodles is very jealous that you gots snows. Our icy is all gone and even though I never had snows here, it looks like more fun then the icy.

Macie-Malechai said...

WooWOOOOOOO! See, we told you, if you dance, the snow will come. Thank Dog, we've been dancin' our tails off for you & were getting a little tired! HotDog!!!!!

Macie-Malechai said...

Althea, were are woooooooooooo?
Face Licks, M&M