Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Hi My Name is Althea (in case you forgot)

MERRY CHRISTMAS
&
HAPPY NEW YEAR
(better late than never)

That's right, its me, your favorite blue eyed, red/white Siberian Husky, Althea (okay, maybe I'm not your favorite but I should be). It has been nearly a month since my last post and I hope that all my friends out there will remember me and come back to my blog. I know what your saying, "Althea, you promised to blog more often". I know, I know, I promised but lets be honest, I'm a husky, you can't believe everything that I say. I really don't have any excuse for my extended hiatus except that I'm a husky, I'm lucky my attention span lasts long enough for me to eat my dinner. Fellow husky bloggers, you know what I'm talking about. It's just hard to concentrate on one thing for any length of time.

Well that being said, you haven't missed much due to my lack of blogging. However I did miss something very important, Zim's Birthday. So I would like to wish "The Cutest Boy Husky in the World" a very happy belated birthday.

I did tell Zim that I would be posting yesterday but I just didn't feel like it for two reasons:

  1. Lares: boy is he a doofus. He'll lift his leg and pee on anything and everything (including me and Cousin Riley) but he is the pickiest pooper in the world. See Lares will not just go outside and poop. He has to take a walk around the block to find a good spot to go. When it rains, Dad doesn't usually take us for a walk, something about too much wet dog hair (doesn't seem to bother him when he is giving me a bath). So we just go potty on our lawn. I have no problem doing my business on our lawn, Lares on the other hand just holds his poop. So it rained on Monday and Lares didn't do his morning or evening poops. He then proceeded to whine all night until Dad finally got up a 3 am to take him outside. So Reason #1: I was tired.
  2. Dad: he annoyed me but putting stinky Bio Spot Flea & Tick stuff on my back. I don't like it. It really annoys me for some reason. So I had act like I was sick and upset with him for the rest of the night. When he said "Althea do you want to go blog", I sighed and laid my cute little head down. So Reason #2: I was annoyed.

So I'm feeling much better today and here is a quick summary of my activities since my last post.

  • NO SNOW. That's right, it is January and I have yet to see a single snow flake. This is just ridiculous. It is in the 50's today and will likely hit 60 on Saturday. Unacceptable. I need snow, I'm a husky for pete's sake.
  • TOO LITTLE TIME AT THE DOG PARK. You may remember my rant about stoopid daylight savings, which completely interfers with going to the dog park after Dad gets home from work. Well this is a stoopid trend that has continued. We only get to go on the weekend. Fortunately Dad usually takes us in the morning and the evening on Saturday and Sunday. The evening is better cause more of my friends are there. The dogs that go in the morning tend to be weenies (Dad doesn't like there parents either). Dad did tell me that since we passed the Winter Solstice the days are getting longer from here on out. So hopefully soon we can go to the dog park everyday, yeah!
  • ANNOYING LARRY THE DOOFUS DOG - he can be such a weenie (see above).
  • TASTING MY FELINE BROTHER SPENCER - Mom calls him an oven stuffer roaster cause sometimes he looks like a turkey when he sits in a certain position. So I figured and would see what he tastes like. I usually do this when Mom & Dad aren't looking but they always seem to find out (something about him being wet from drool).

I've got lots more to report but I figure that is enough for now. I don't want to run out of things to blog about. It's good to be back.

Later,
Althea

5 comments:

Maverick the Pirate said...

Harrr Matey. Good to see you back on board the blogger Althea Red Eye. Yer got lots to catch up on.

Cap'n Maverick the Pirate

H.A. Turbofire, Sibertarian said...

Hey! I wanna side picture!!!!

Khady Lynn said...

Hey Althea,

I'm so glad you are back! I was beginning to get worried there for a while when I didn't see any new activities posted. Don't leave us for that long again! It's just not good for my enlarged heart!

Holly

Althea said...

I'm so glad to see that my blogger friends remember me. I've pretty much caught up on everyones blog.

Cap'n Maverick - it's is good to be back on board.

Turbo - I did not want to assume that I could put a link to your site. Now that you have given your ok, I'll be adding you to the list. Of course this means that you have to put a link to my blog on your site.

Holly - I hate to cause anyone distress (while maybe my Dad when he puts that stinky Bio Spot stuff on me) especially those of you with a medical condition. My feline brother Spencer has an enlarged heart. He gets medicine twice a day.

Later,
Althea

The Army of Four said...

ALTHEA! Ha roo, thanks for the birthday wishes! I feel very special getting mentioned on your blog. You ARE the prettiest red and white blue eyed Sibergirl!!!
We have a saying around here: "Trust me, I'm a Siberian Husky". It always makes the bipeds laugh for some reason.
Glad you're back! I missed roooo!
Play bows,
Zim