Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Substitute Blogger

It's me Lares, Althea's smarter, cuter, better behaved older brother here. Althea mentioned in her blog yesterday that she was going to "allow" me to post on her blog. What she doesn't realize is that if I want to post on her blog, I will go ahead and do it, I don't need her permission. Besides if I wanted my own blog all I have to do is ask my Dad. He loves me best, so he'll do anything I ask, except get rid of that brat Althea. I try to remind him how great it was when it was just the two of us but he will not get rid of her. Oh well (sigh).

Regardless, the pain in the neck is not feeling very well today. Mom said that she had "sick poops". So I thought I would fill in for her today. Dad is home with us and he is keeping an eye on her cause she has been acting a little funny since last night. I think it is all just an act since Mom & Dad were not paying enough attention to her but we'll see.

So as Althea said, I wanted to share some fun pictures of me from last Turkey Day. Dad stumbled upon them when Mom suggested that he look at last years pics to see exactly how he cooked the Turkey (he does on the charcoal grill outside). So Dad checked the pictures to see if he used a rack for the turkey and found some cool pics of me and a special guest we had. As Althea has probably told you, our Mom is a teacher of little humans. Last year her class was reading a book about a stuffed bear named Corduroy. Along with the book the class has a Corduroy teddy bear, which each little human gets to take home for a weekend and then write about their adventures with him. Well Mom got to bring Corduroy home of the Turkey Day weekend. Since little humans love us dogs, Mom took some pictures of me and Corduroy hanging out together. So here are my cool pics for you to enjoy. Aren't I cute. Notice that there aren't any pictures of the hyena, Althea. If you remember from one of her previous posts, this is what happens to stuffed toys in our house.



In other news, the awesome rescue group that saved me and brought me to my furever home, Tails of the Tundra Siberian Husky Rescue, has published their annual calender. And guess what, I'm in it. Yep that's right there is a small picture of me on the page for January 2008. I know what your thinking, "more than a whole year is a long time to wait to be able to look at such a handsome dog as myself" but be assured there are tons of other great husky pictures to tide you over until January 2008 (or you could just skip ahead, no one will blame you). It is just a small picture of me since Dad was remiss in sending them any new pics of me. But at least it is something. After my big debut in the 2005 calender where I had a hole page picture with my foster brother, Guinness. I wasn't even in the 2006 calender. So a small pic is better than no pic.

So 2006 is nearly over and you will need a new calender for 2007, so why not make it a calender with a bunch of great rescued Siberian Huskies. Not only will you get a great calender but you will be helping homeless huskies have a chance at finding their furever homes. Just click here and order one or ten, they make great gifts.

Well that's it for now. Hopefully Althea will be feeling better later and will be able to post some of her words of wisdom (snicker, words of wisdom my furry butt).

Peace,
Larry the Dog

5 comments:

The Army of Four said...

Hi Lares! Ooooh, you look SO CUTE snuggled up with that Teddy Bear!!! Really, you're JUST adorable!
Love,
Amber
PS: Please tell Althea we hope she feels better!

MaPaw said...

It looks like you and Corduroy had a great time over the long weekend.
-Magnum

Macie-Malechai said...

Wow Lares, what a nice boy you are, we would've shredded that teddy bear in nothing flat! Our man cooks the turkey on the grill too, sure smelled good, of course we wouldn't know as we got NADA! However, our lady did make us our own dog friendly punkin pie & it was gooooood! Tell Althea we hope she feels better soon! Malechai had sick poops last week too, the good part was that we got to have rice & burger for a few days, woowoo!
Face Licks, M&M

Khady Lynn said...

Lares,
You are so adorable! You look a lot like me (except my ears are up and yours are down). And you look so cute with the teddy bear! Personally, I agree with M&M, I would have had that poor thing destuffed in about 2.5 seconds!

Please tell Althea I hope she is feeling better soon. The hamburger and rice thing is always good for upset tummies, and tastes great too!

hollybollyboo

The Dog Blog said...

your blog makes us giggle.hehe