Thursday, November 09, 2006

Girls Just Want to Have Fun

So as you know from my previous post, me and my brother got to stay home with mom today. This is a pretty rare occurrence, and to be honest, I wasn't sure what to expect. I had my suspicions at first that this was just going to be an ordinary day of sleeping, eating stuff that I know I am not supposed to (Dad thinks I don't know any better; boy is he dumb), and torturing the doofus and maybe the cats if I was feeling up to it. After a morning of watching mom do work, things took a turn for the worse. The cleaning began, and out came... the dyson creature!! I knew immediately that something was wrong! Surely dad was the only one crazy enough to go near it! But no, mom was attempting to use it. I tried to talk her out of it, but I was afraid of the bad words she was yelling (at the creature, not me). It was at that moment that I knew things were going to be okay! As it turns out, mom hates the dyson creature just as much as I do! She explained to me that sometimes we have to do things (or go near creatures) we don't like in order to make someone else happy. Really I am only out to please myself, so mom had to explain this to me a few times. Maybe I will work on this, but probably not.

So after mom and I had our girl talk about the yellow monster and trying to make dad happy, we had to have another talk. This one turned out to to have a much happier ending- that is, one that benefited me! Mom explained that seeing as she liked eating a lot (like me), but didn't like the new butt she'd gotten because of it, we were going to go running!! You can all imagine my excitement! Dad wouldn't take me, but mom was going to! You can imagine the whooping and hollering I did when I found out. I didn't even make mom play "lasso the husky!" The best part was that the doofus had to stay home. I bet he missed me!

So we were off! And just like Forest Gump, we were running, and running... until this lady was blocking our path on the sidewalk. Much to my dismay, we had to stop. It turns out that she was driving her car and saw me, and just had to stop for a husky greeting. I didn't feel much like greeting her, I just wanted to run. But mom made me stop and be nice. When I realized that she was raving about my beauty, you can bet I stuck around to hear it all. I felt bad though because she had a husky for twenty years, but he crossed over the Rainbow Bridge. I was sad, so I gave her a Husky kiss. And then I was off again!

As if my day couldn't have gotten any better, mom took me and the doofus to the park later in the afternoon! I can't wait until tomorrow! Haroooo!!
Later,
Althea

10 comments:

Ender said...

Does your dyson thing have a blog?

The Army of Four said...

Wow, your mom sounds really cool! Want me to come slay that evil Dyson for you?
Play bows,
Zim

D. Animal said...

Vrrrmmm vmmr vvvv rrrr mmmm "evil" vrrr? "Evil" huskies!!! LOL LOL LOL LOL

Anonymous said...

Hey, Althea! I just wanted to compliment you on your much-improved grammar and spelling. Aunt Jessica must be teaching you well while she's home!

Miss you! Love,
Cousin Riley

The Army of Four said...

Hey Evil Dyson! Yeah, I'm talking to you! We've met before... http://dysonanimalstories.blogspot.com/2006/07/vvvrrrrrr-vm-kansas.html I've said it before and I'll say it again, "Vrrrm rmv rrr rvm vrr, vvrrm vrrrm" to YOU! Ha ROO! Now leave Althea alone!
Play bows to everypup and a "Vrrrm rmv rrr rvm vrr, vvrrm vrrrm" to D. Animal!
Zim

Khady Lynn said...

That evil Dyson thing sure gets around! It's at our house too! Whenever we see it, we all run outside, except for Abby. She's really brave and she goes and barks at it! We're glad she give it a piece of her mind for all of us!

Hollybollyboo

Opy - the Original GruffPuppy said...

Why is it that so many of us doggie bloggers have Dyson's ? I just don't understand !

Love
Opy

Kelsey and Smokey said...

My mom doesn't have a Dyson monster. I'm glad too, sounds pretty scary!

Anonymous said...

uHey Althea what a lucky girl that your mommy was home. I bet your brother Lares liked that too! My foster mom said you have the best mommy and daddy ever.

I wanted to send you a big thank you for wishing me well. I am feeling so much better now. You are right my foster mom is a really cool lady! I am glad to have her.

Zack

Poseidon said...

Our Dyson animal is at our old house, we haven't brought it to the new house in Virginny yet.
I miss him, I like when he sticks his mouth on my fluff and sucks. It's like a massage!
Am I the only husky that likes to be "vacuumed" by the Dyson animal?