Sunday, November 12, 2006

Hey everyhusky and everydog, Althea here. Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend. It's pretty warm here in the Garden State, about 70 F. A bit warm for my liking but I don't let it get me down.

Mom and I had another great day together on Friday. We were so busy that we didn't have a chance to blog about it. Mom did some work and stuff and I pretty much followed her around the house. This makes her feel good and think that I really love her (which I do of course). She even took me running again, what fun. Dad got home from work early so we all went to the dog park.

Saturday was a good day too. Two trips to the "DP", that's what Mom & Dad call it when they don't want us to know that they are talking about it. Of course we know what they are talking about but we pretend not to understand. It's good to keep the humans thinking that they are the smarter species. It makes them feel better about themselves.

Looks like we'll only have one trip to the "DP" today. Dad took us in the morning. It was boring, no one wanted to run with me. So I decided to play with a tennis ball a little. I only do this when I'm really bored at the park. Everyone comments that I play like a cat. I like to pounce on the ball so that it shots away from me so that I can chase. Once I catch it I repeat the process till I get bored, which is typically pretty quick as I don't have much of an attention span.

So Lares and I have been punishing Mom & Dad for leaving us home alone on Friday and Saturday night. Typically when they are out late, they've been drinking adult beverages, which usually make them want to sleep late the next morning. So Lares & I have decided that 7 am on Saturday and Sunday is an excellent time for Fight Club. Between Lares' Chewbacca impression and the sound of our nails raking across the bamboo mat that they have on the floor, it is a very effect means of getting them out of bed. Needless to say they are both a bit cranky today.

Speaking of cranky, the doofus is really being a big pansy lately. He slides down the stair once and now he will not go down the stairs without Mom or Dad's help. He'll stay up stairs and whine until some one helps him down. What a doofus. Mom is talking about putting carpet on the stairs so that sissy boy will stop falling down them. I'm ok with this as the stairs can be a bit dangerous for us huskies. This way with carpet on them, I'll be able to run down them real fast and not worry about falling.

A couple quick items before I go:

  • Zim - thank you for taking care of the dyson creature for me. I think you finally put it in its place. When Dad brought him out today it keep its distance from me.
  • Amber - cats really aren't all that bad. It is a bit ridiculous that there is a Little Kitten Avenue near your house and no Doggie Drive or Sibe Street as well.
  • Opy - it is a bit crazy that all of our homes have been invaded by the dreaded dyson creature. The guy who invented it must be super rich. I wish my Dad could invent something cool and make lots of money.
  • Poseidon - I can only speak for Lares and myself, but we head straight out of the room as soon as the dyson creature comes out to play. I don't know if I'm brave enough to have it "vacuum" me.
  • Zack - My Mom & Dad are great. I'm sure your awesome foster mom will find you a home just as good as Lares and I have. I'll keep checking the Harnessed to Hope Northern Breed Rescue's Foster Dog Blog to see how your search goes.

So I've been noticing that a lot of you dogs out there have been taking your blogs a step further and instead of just posting pictures your posting videos. I think this is way cool. So I figured I would jump on the bandwagon. Here is a video of Lares & I having a little Fight Club meeting. Enjoy.

Later,
Althea


Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos

4 comments:

IndyPindy said...

Nice wrestling! Come see me talking and doing my Chewbacca impression on my blog!

The Army of Four said...

GREAT VIDEO! But uh... does Lares ever get up and chase you?!?
Any time you need saved from the evil Dyson, just call me! I'll take it DOWN! Ha roo!
Stormy likes to pounce on toys, too - did you see her video? She says it is training for jumping on small prey.
Play bows, Zim
PS: Stormy has been trying to convince Am cats are OK... but she doesn't trust them. EVERYthing around here is 'cat' stuff!

Macie-Malechai said...

Boy you guys sure "FightClub" nice! We're pretty sure someone would get called on our lady for "Dog Fighting" if we posted one of our sessions!
Face Licks, M&M

Kelsey and Smokey said...

Awesome video!