Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Not So Thankful

Well, they did it to me again. Mom & Dad have been too busy to help me with my blog. Unfortunately I need their help with the typing as I don't really know how. I've heard mention of a husky friendly keyboard but I haven't been able to find one on the Internet, not even on eBay where you can buy all kinds of Crap.

So as I mentioned Mom & Dad have been too busy to help me. Mom was busy with report cards and parent conferences for the little humans that she teaches. On a good note I did find out that my "team" of little humans won the competition that my Mom does at school to keep the little humans from being bad (hope she doesn't get any crazy ideas to try to make me be good). Here is a picture of the Team Althea and Team Lares scorecards. There are also ones for my feline siblings, Spencer and Delilah. Notice how just like my buddy Turbo says, humans love pictures of us sleeping. Of course that is because it is hard to catch me when I'm awake.

Dad was busy with work and had to make a quick and unwanted trip to France for work. Too bad he didn't know about Stormy's French Lessons at SZK SSS, they would have come in handy for his trip. Fortunately for Mom and me it was a quick trip cause Lares tends to get rather depressed when Dad is away. I mean he mopes around enough when Dad is home, you should see him when Dad leaves to go to the store or for a run. Here is a picture of him looking sad and pathetic one morning when Dad left to go to work.

Well Dad made it home the day before Turkey Day and Mom finished up all her conferences, so I figure that they would be prepared to spend some quality time with me. But no, they had to get everything ready for Turkey Day. Dad got home from his trip and out came the dreaded dyson creature and his other implements of cleaning and went to work. Mom got home and started cooking up some good smelling stuff. So I figured "Okay, maybe they don't have time to spend with me but at least I'll get some good food". Wrong. This picture shows how Lares and I spent most of Turkey Day (you might recognize this pic from my after Howloween post, when we received similar treatment). Dad said that he didn't want us around the table, begging while everyone was trying to eat. If he didn't want me around the table, begging all he had to do was give me a turkey leg and I would have left everyone alone but no such luck.

So needless to say, I am not very thankful about how I was treated on Turkey Day. In addition I didn't get any turkey, or stuffing or mashed potatoes. I did get a little taste of the pumpkin desert stuff but not nearly enough to make me thankful. They only good thing that has come out of Turkey Day is that Mom & Dad did not have to go to work for a couple days. Dad is still home with us until Thursday. So we have been able to go to the dog park and stuff.

Well that's it for for now. Be sure to check back as I promise to post more often in the coming days. I've already got some ideas for future posts. I did promise Lares that he could make a post or two. He has some pics from last years Turkey Day that he wants to post and some information on where to get a really cool husky calender (he thinks it is cool because he is in it), so check back today as he might get around to it later.

Later,
Althea

4 comments:

H.A. Turbofire, Sibertarian said...

Do you think you could have your mom have a "Turbo Cup" tournement at her school? The team would win the competition by pointing out the most things that are stupid!

I think it's a good idea!

Althea said...

Turbo,
I'll ask my Mom but I don't think that they encourage the use of the word stoopid for the little humans.
Later,
Althea

D'Azul Siberian said...

We didn't get much turkey either Althea but the carcass is getting pretty scrawny looking and that is when Mom makes turkey carcass soup and we definitely get some of that. She always makes way tooo much. Gating you and Lares away from the table just doesn't seem very fair.

the Siberians of D'Azul

The Army of Four said...

Althea! Oh, I've missed roo! We didn't get much turkey - actually one little bite each and some sweet potatoes that fell on the floor. Whoopie. I don't see what all the fuss is about!
Play bows,
Zim