Monday, February 19, 2007

SNOW!!!

Well, lots to post about but I'll save some stuff for future posts. Between Valentine's Day and the cute pics of Kona the Malamute puppy, I completely forgot to tell everyone that we got snow. Now don't get too excited for me, it was more ice than fluffy snow but at least it was some of the good ole white stuff. Dad got up at the usual time on Wednesday and took us for a walk in the snowy/icy stuff. Then he went back to bed. Doofus and I were like, "what is going on? Dad never goes back to bed after walking us". Turns out that due to the snowy/icy stuff Dad got to go to work late and Mom didn't have to go to work at all (Mom is a teacher and they closed lots of schools in NJ cause of the snow). So we got to hang out with Mom all day and do you think that she took us to the dog park? If you guessed "NO" you would be right. We asked her to take us but she mumbled something about the roads be too icy. Fortunately the snow was still around on Thursday, and do you think that Mom and/or Dad took us to the dog park. Again if you guessed "NO", you would be correct. Dad got home early from work on Friday and apparently the third time is a charm cause Dad took us to the dog park to play in the snow. And he brought his camera along to immortalize the event. Here is the story of our adventure.


IMG_2226IMG_2228
"Step on it Dad before the snow melts"

Well we finally made it to the park, Doofus and I were off to check out the snow.

IMG_2239IMG_2240
"Check it out Digs, we finally got some snow"

Now I don't know if you know this about me but I love to run and there is only one thing better than running. It's running in the snow. Here I am at full speed cruising across the tundra (Fine, it isn't really the tundra but a girl can pretend).

IMG_2238IMG_2237
"Look at me go, I'm ready for the Iditarod"

I love snow so much that I like to stick my tongue out and scoop some up while I run. Dad caught me a couple times with my tongue out.

IMG_2242IMG_2245
"Yummy Snow, Yeah"

Lares asked me to post a couple of him. He thinks he looks pretty handsome in this first one and wants his "girlfriend" Amber, to see it. The second is a picture of him "playing" with a Dogo Argentino.

IMG_2235IMG_2253


Hope you enjoyed our pictures.
Later,
Althea

6 comments:

Khady Lynn said...

Wow, it sure looks like you had a great time! I like to run in the snow too. Usually I am chasing someone else though!

The Army of Four said...

YEA! Oh, you look so HAPPY running in the snow! And look at Lares! He looks very handsome! Is the Dogo Argentino nice? We have a dog on our street whose bipeds are from Argentina, but the pup looks like Butchy or Snickers - not like the guy Lares is playing with!
Someone took our snow, so we hope you'll enjoy yours for all of us!
Love,
Amber
PS: Zimmie said to tell you that you look really cool helping your dad drive and bee-roo-tiful running in the snow! :)

Steve, Kat, & Wilbur said...

Great snow pictures! That's great that your mom got to stay home from school with you, even if you didn't get to go to the park. We saw your post on our blog about your parents saying "no" to the walky dog. That's too bad. You said your dad's an engineer, right? He should "engineer" a bike that doesn't fall over and just goes where ever you go! Seems like a plan to us! We heard our dad say something like, "we are totally going to wear out the brakes on the bikes when these two get bigger." Don't tell your parents that though. They might get scared away. Maybe you'll get one for your birthday or Christmas. You never know!

Steve & Kat

Althea said...

Holly - I prefer to be chased myself but when no one else wants to run I have to resort to running by myself.

Amber - the Dogo Argentino is pretty nice he is only about 10 months old. They are also known a an Argentinian Mastiff.

Zim - typically I leave the driving to Dad and just tell him where to go. Sometimes he gets mad and tells me to be quiet and stop being a backseat driver.

Steve & Kat - it is always cool to have an extra day with Mom and/or Dad. Unfortunately Dad is a chemical engineer so I don't think he is up only mechanical type stuff although at this point he doubts how much engieering stuff he even remembers at all.

Later,
Althea

D'Azul Siberian said...

The dog park looks like great fun with the snow. We had snow but it is all melted now.

the D'Azul Siberians

Anonymous said...

That snow looks wonderful! If you can... ship some to me in Georgia...